"I'm absolutely thrilled to finally introduce me in a bottle. There is a wonderful world of fragrances out there, but like with my music, I believe there is room for me and my own unique twist on it," explains Perry.

"Purr is a natural extension of who I am as a woman � it's a gorgeous blend of all my favourite scents that embodies my style, my tastes and my love for all things incredibly cute. It is an absolutely purrfect perfume that I hope leaves you meowing with delight."

Teaming with Gigantic Parfums, Perry was deeply involved in the development of her signature scent. Purr by Katy Perry opens with a fresh citrus accord featuring peach nectar and forbidden apple with green bamboo. Supporting notes include a delicate bouquet of jasmine blossom, pink freesia and Bulgarian rose, balanced by vanilla orchid, white amber, creamy sandalwood and musk.

The singer-songwriter was also hands-on in the design of the bottle. Having appeared on stage dressed as Catwoman along with an oversize blow-up cat, it's no secret that Perry has an affinity for all things feline. She used this inspiration when designing the bottle, complete with jewelled eyes, metallic accents and opulent lavender colouring.

Ancillary products will be released seasonally, beginning with a holiday gift set at launch that will include the eau de parfum, body lotion and bubble bath.

Perry has gone from internet music sensation to bona fide international star in just two years. Her multi-platinum debut album, "One of the Boys" released June 2008, generated four hit singles: "I Kissed A Girl", "Hot N Cold", "Thinking Of You" and "Waking Up In Vegas".�

On 24 August the Grammy-nominated artist will release her next album, "Teenage Dream", which features "California Gurls", the all-time Mediabase Top 40 airplay record holder. Perry is slated to host the 2010 Teen Choice Awards on 9 August.